Stew Curran’s lacrosse coaching biography is overflowing with accolades and success. In seven seasons as the head coach of Cohasset High School, Curran led the Skippers to three DIII state championships, two second place finishes, and two semi-final finishes. He was named the South Shore Coach of the Year in 2006, 2007, and 2008, and Boston Globe Coach of the Year in 2009.
In 2014, as Head Coach at Thayer Academy, Curran led the team to its first league championship in the program’s 25 year history and a #26 ranking in the LaxPower’s National Poll.
On the youth level, Curran was a founding member and director of Hull’s youth lacrosse program from 2001 – 2006. He also coached for the South Shore in the Bay State Games from 2002 – 2005, and as a clinician and team coach with New England Select Lacrosse from 2004 – 2007. He is active on the national level as well, named to the League Representatives Committee in 2006 and serving as a member of the US Lacrosse Men’s U19 Selection Committee in 2007 and 2008.
A four-year starter at Plymouth State University, Curran was named to the All-New England team for two seasons. He also played as a member of the Team USA Box Lacrosse team in 1979 and 1980.
• 2014 Independent School League Champions with Thayer Academy (First in 25 years)
• 2014 Boston-Lax Coach of the Year
• 3-time Massachusetts D-III State Champions with Cohasset High School
• 2-time Massachusetts D-III State Championship Runner-Up with Cohasset High School
• 2 Massachusetts D-III State Championship Semi-Final finishes with Cohasset High School
• 2009 Boston Globe Coach of the Year (Cohasset High School)
• 2006, 2007, 2008 South Shore Coach of the Year
• 2007 & 2008 US Lacrosse U19 Selection Committee
• Selected to Plymouth State University Athletic Hall of Fame in 2014
• 2001 – 2004 Bay State Games Coach
• Team USA Box Lacrosse Team (1979-1980)