• Freshman long-stick midfielder for NCAA Division I University of Massachusetts – Amherst, 2015
• 2014 Independent School League (ISL) Champion with Thayer Academy
• 2013 & 2014 Boston Globe Patriot League All-Star
• 2013 & 2014 Patriot Ledger All-Scholastic Team
• 2014 All-ISL Team
• Graduate and four-year varsity lacrosse letterwinner at Thayer Academy
• Licensed lacrosse official, 2012 – Present
In his freshman season at NCAA Division I UMass-Amherst, Shane Rinkus made seven appearances at long-stick midfielder and had one groundball on the year, picked up in his first collegiate appearance during the win over Quinnipiac.
Before attending UMass, Rinkus was a four-year varsity letter winner at Thayer Academy under Head Coach Stew Curran. His exemplary play led to Boston Globe and Patriot Ledger All-Star awards as a junior and senior. Rinker lead the Thayer defense to the lowest goals against average in the ISL with 4.8 GAA, as well as winning the school’s first ever ISL championship as a senior in 2014. Off the lacrosse field, Rinkus maintained honor roll status throughout high school and lettered in football once to go with hockey on three occasions
Rinkus now gives back to the sport working as a licensed lacrosse official since 2012 while also coaching the next generation in private lessons.